Fit4sale provides all the top commercial brands in the industry such as Cybex, Life Fitness, Stairmaster, Star Trac, Icarian, Bodymaster, Precor and many more. Our company provides equipment and fitness related products for Health clubs, Studios, hotels, rehabilitation facilities, schools and private individuals. If we do not have what you are looking for, we will promise you that we will do our best to find the fitness equipment you need at the lowest possible price.

Friday, January 6, 2012

The Must Have Items for Your Home Gym

One of the best items you can get for your home gym is a good set of adjustable dumbbells. You know the ones where you can add or remove weight plates as required. I actually have a couple of sets. One I keep quite heavy for use with leg exercises and one set that I change around a lot more depending on what exercises I am doing. These will probably be your most expensive purchase, but you will use them over and over. There are so many different ways to use them and you can easily work your whole body in any number of ways. Almost any exercise can be done with a set of dumbbells.

Another piece of used fitness equipment I use a lot are my medicine balls. There are a lot of good exercises and stretches you can do with medicine balls. You can get them quite cheap at large sporting goods stores or from the internet. I use a 4kg one and a 6 kg one. I use these in every session with my Personal Training clients and Bootcamps too. They are great to use on your own or for partner work.

One of my most used pieces of equipment is a step. I had a friend build me one from some timber he had laying around. It is about 12 inches high and wide and about 4 foot long. Clients can get on either end of it and step up and down together. It is amazing how much harder they can go with someone else to keep up with. The step combines well with the dumbbells or the medicine ball for step ups, step downs, sideways step ups, lunging off the box or onto the box or even dips off the side. You can also jump on and off the box or even use it to do push ups with. Put your hands on it to make them easier, or your feet to make it harder. Clients that find it hard to get up and down from the floor, can even do ab exercises on it and it doubles as a bench as well. To improve fitness, a step is invaluable.



No comments: